Table of Contents
The Andhra Pradesh State Beverages Corporation Limited (APSBCL) was established by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in 1998. It is an apex body engaged in the wholesale trade of Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) and Beer and Country Liquor (CL). APSBCL has a monopoly over the procurement, storage, and distribution of these alcoholic beverages within the state of Andhra Pradesh.
APSBCL’s key objectives are to ensure adequate availability of IMFL and CL across all areas of the state at controlled and competitive prices. It aims to curb smuggling and adulteration and enhance revenue for the state exchequer. APSBCL operates through a network of over 15,000 depots, sub-depots, and wholesale and retail shops. It employs lakhs of people, directly or indirectly.
APSBCL plays a pivotal role in regulating the alcohol trade through the effective implementation of prohibition laws and the prevention of non-duty-paid liquor consumption in the state. It collects annual excise revenue of over Rs. 25,000 crore for the government. APSBCL works towards establishing a sustainable and socially responsible model for alcohol retailing to realize its vision of ‘Responsible Consumption for All’.
What is APSBCL Retailer Login?
The APSBCL retailer login portal is a dedicated web-based interface provided by APSBCL to its network of permitted alcohol retailers within Andhra Pradesh. Through this portal, the authorized retailers of APSBCL can carry out various online functions related to their business operations with ease and transparency.
Retailers who have obtained the requisite license from the Excise Department are eligible to register on the APSBCL retailer portal. After successful registration, they can log in to their account by entering valid credentials. The portal serves as a one-stop solution to handle various retailer-related activities like placing orders for liquor stocks, checking order status, downloading invoices, making online payments, etc.
APSBCL introduced this retailer login system a few years ago to bring more efficiency to its supply chain management and promote digitization. Now, retailers need not physically visit depots or head offices to carry out routine paperwork. They can manage their businesses remotely through the online portal at any time at their convenience. This has simplified processes and reduced operational costs for both APSBCL and its retailer’s network.
How to Register on the APSBCL Retailer Portal?
To register on the APSBCL retailer portal, the license holder needs to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of APSBCL and click on the ‘Retailer Login’ link provided on the homepage.
- On the next page, click ‘New Registration’ to initiate the registration process.
- Enter the required details, like name, address, license number, mobile number, email ID, etc. as per the details mentioned in the retail license.
- Create a unique username and password as per the guidelines. Keep the login credentials safe for future usage.
- Enter the verification code sent via SMS to the registered mobile number for authentication.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘Submit’ to complete registration.
- The registration request will be sent to the concerned department for verification and approval.
- Once approved, the registered mobile number will receive an activation SMS along with a link to activate the account.
- Click on the activation link to finally activate the retailer account on the portal. Now users can log in using credentials.
The registration process may take 1-2 working days to verify credentials after submitting online. Retailers are advised to enter accurate details and keep the license document ready for validation if required. For any assistance, they can contact the depot or helpline numbers provided on the portal.
How to Login APSBCL Retailer Portal?
After successful registration and account activation, here are the simple steps to log in to the APSBCL retailer portal:
- Visit the official website URL https://retailer.apsbcl.in/login
- Enter the registered mobile number or username in the provided field.
- Enter the password created during registration in the password field.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button.
- The dashboard page will open, displaying the retailer profile, indent status, and other features.
- To ensure security, the system will automatically log out after a period of inactivity.
- In case of forgetting a password, click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link and follow the prompts to reset it.
- Mobile number based OTP authentication provides an additional layer of security for login.
- Clear the cache and try a different browser in case of any login issues.
- Retailers must login regularly to track order status and avail timely support through portal.
It is recommended to save the website URL as a bookmark for direct access later. Remembering login details correctly is important for a seamless experience on the portal. A proper internet connection is also needed to use the portal functions efficiently.
How to Retrieve Password for APSBCL Retailer Login?
If the registered mobile number or password is forgotten, here is the process to retrieve it:
- Visit the retailer login page https://retailer.apsbcl.in/login
- Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link available below the login buttons.
- Select if password retrieval is needed using registered mobile number or Username.
- In the prompted field, enter the preferred criteria i.e. Mobile or Username correctly.
- Click on ‘Get OTP’ button to generate an OTP on the registered contact number.
- Enter the received OTP correctly in the field.
- New Password retrieval page will open. Set a new password as per the shown guidelines.
- Re-enter the new password in the confirm password field.
- Click ‘Submit’ to change the password.
- The new password will be set. Use it to login to the portal again.
- In case mobile number is also forgotten, contact the retailer support team with license copy for further assistance.
- Changing password regularly makes account more secure.
This provides a way to retrieve account access smoothly in case of any lapses. Users must take care of their login details properly to avoid password reset inconvenience.
Features of APSBCL Indent Login
Some key features available to retailers through the indent login section of APSBCL portal are:
- Place indent for stock requirement: Retailers can raise indent online for required stock quantities of different liquor products as per their needs.
- Track indent status: Current status of placed indent like processing, dispatched etc. can be viewed in real-time without physically visiting depot.
- Indent cancellation: Allows cancelling the indent partially or fully before dispatch if needed through portal.
- Online invoice generation: Itemized digital invoice with barcodes is generated against every dispatch for ease of billing.
- Online payments: Integrated payment gateways facilitate convenient digital payments of indents through options like net banking, cards etc.
- Reports section: Variety of downloadable MIS reports on past transactions, top selling products and other insights.
- New product launch alerts: Notifications about the launch of new liquor brands or varieties from time to time.
- Compliance documents: Help section contains important license/legal documents for reference and compliance adherence.
- User friendly interface: Simple and intuitive dashboard to navigate features easily on desktop, laptop and mobile devices.
- 24×7 support: Reliable support team is available for assistance via telephone, e-mail and escalation route within portal.
This makes indent management paperless and time-saving for retailers. Real-time visibility brings more transparency in trade operations.
Responsibility of Contractor
As licensed contractors of APSBCL, retailers have certain obligations towards smooth functioning of liquor trade:
- Sell products only through authorized retail shop with valid license. Illegal selling is strictly prohibited.
- Display signboards, rates and other details mandated by excise laws prominently in shop.
- Regularly place indent for purchase of required stock on portal within set timelines.
- Make timely payments towards procured stock invoices through portal payment gateways.
- Intimate APSBCL of any change in address, contact or license details immediately for updation.
- Provide purchase-sale documents and stock records for verification as and when required by excise officials.
- Ensure liquor is not sold to prohibited categories like minors and during restricted time windows.
- Abide by brand & quantity-wise MRP and display printed price-tags as approved by authorities.
- Curb illegal activities like bootlegging, sale of spurious liquor from shop premises.
- Coordinate with local enforcement officers and assist in surveillance drives against unauthorized trading.
- Maintain hygiene, ambience and customer service standards as laid down to uphold brand image.
Following rules laid for retail license is important. Non-compliance may attract cancellation or penalties. Contractors are the face of APSBCL responsible for promoting legal and responsible drinking within local communities.
Challan is an official receipt issued by APSBCL to retailers as an acknowledgement against dispatched indents. Key details mentioned in the challan include:
- Challan is generated automatically from the portal once the indent is dispatched from the depot.
- It serves as proof of purchase transaction between the retailer and APSBCL.
- A separate challan is issued for each dispatched indent containing different stock products.
- Challan number is unique for easy tracking and reference of the transaction.
- Date and time of dispatch from depot is mentioned for reference in future queries.
- Retailer’s name, address and license details get auto-populated from registered profile.
- Each stock item’s brand, quantity, rate as per MRP and total amount paid is itemized.
- Total value of order against the dispatched indent is calculated at the bottom.
- Authorized sign and seal of depot official acknowledges handover of products.
- Retailers must preserve the challan as an important legal document linking purchases and sales.
- It helps to verify payments and resolve discrepancies, if any in future quality inspections.
- Hard copy of challan can be collected from depot or soft copy can be downloaded from portal.
So in summary, the challan acts as a digitally signed invoice for transparency in inventory handling as per excise trading guidelines. Its accurate maintenance is important for both contractors and APSBCL record-keeping.